Los Angeles Trademarks Law Firm
Intellectual property rights such as trademarks and service marks are valuable assets for businesses and individuals. Trademarks and service marks identify and differentiate a business from others. A trademark or service mark includes a word, name symbol, device, or any combination thereof to identify and distinguish the goods/services of one business from those of others. A trademark or service mark may be registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and/or the California Secretary of State.
Registering the trademark or service mark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office provides significant advantages for your business such as:
- Presumption of exclusive ownership rights in the United States
- Constructive notice of claim of ownership in the United States
- The right to use the “®” symbol
- The ability to sue in federal court concerning the mark; and
- The ability to record the U.S. registration with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.
Although the trademark/service mark process may seem simple, there can be several impediments to registration. A trademark or service mark may not be registered if the mark is deemed confusing, non-distinctive, descriptive, deceptive, and other reasons. Mazis Law Group has the knowledge and experience to assist you with the entire registration process as well as with other required filings after the trademark or service mark registration. Mazis Law Group’s services include:
- Trademark Search
- Trademark Registration
- Office Action Responses
- Trademark Assignments
- Statement of Use Filings
- Trademark Renewals